Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Cookie Obssession



A few of you might know about my recent cookie 
interest. This was 100% inspired by
 The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle Blog which
I happened to find through Pinterest.
Her cookies are over-the-top beautiful,
and I have a long way to go. I did want to share
with you a few of my favorite Valentines Day cookies
which I have been working on.


My son Archer also decorated a cookie !

I made quite a few cookies, and I plan on giving them
to the kids friends in their classes with their Valentine
Card on top. I bought some little cellophane bags and ribbon.
They will look like this at the end of packaging.







I was especially happy with the little nonpareil border
I made on the larger heart cookies...I made them by
first piping smalls balls around the border, and then
sprinkling the nonpareils on them. I let them dry and
then flooded the inside.


According to Callye at Sweet SugarBelle, frosted sugar cookies
stay fresh for a long time. I hoping they will still be moist 
and delicious two weeks from now on Valentines Day!


1 comment:

  1. Love them! Tell Archer I said he did a GREAT job too! The border is NEAT!!! GREAT idea!!! Put your bagged ones in a rubbermaid container just in case the bagsa aren't sealed super tight and all will be well! I am excited to see another obsessed person!!!

    ReplyDelete